- Happy 11th anniversary to Fixed: Come help JDH and Dave P celebrate over a decade of bringing the best local and global dance music talent to NYC dancefloors! The duo will host a rager of insane proportions at Good Room tonight with this stellar lineup: Barnt (if you aren’t familiar with him, get ready for your mind to be blown), Gavin Russom (playing a live hardware set), Willie Burns, and Paul Raffaele; you can also expect some amazing aesthetics courtesy of A.POP.
- You’ve got two weekends left to burn up the Cameo dancefloor, so make the most of that time and come out to see Morgan Geist with Justin Miller and Evan Michael tonight and Pat Mahoney with Kaviar Disco Club’s Higgins and Beto Cravioto tomorrow! (Next Friday will feature a live set by The Juan Maclean, and St. Lucia will play the closing party with Plastic Plates.)
- Catch our resident Facets in the Bad Room at Good Room with the awesome Moscoman tonight (11/6) for a BEMF x Fixed night that also features George FitzGerald, JDH, and Dave P; you’ll also find him playing a late-night set at Le Bain on Sunday (11/8) after Eli and Fur. Get a taste of what to expect with the new dark and moody podcast he just did for Good Room.
- Speaking of our favorite NYC party, Fixed celebrates 11 years of packing dancefloors around the city next week. Help JDH and Dave P celebrate at their Friday the 13th Good Room rager with Barnt, Gavin Russom (live), Willie Burns, Paul Raffele, and next-level aesthetics by A.POP.
- As you may have heard, Cityfox was shut down by the NYFD on Halloween. Learn more about why and hear what Cityfox had to say about it.
- Time Warp is on shaky ground with Crown Heights residents who want to shut down this year’s festival.
- We recently discovered The Lab NYC, a new collaboration between Mixmag and Smirnoff Sound Collective; the weekly afterwork party streams the best American and international DJs, live from the group’s private Brooklyn location. Last week, Jacques Renault and Jesse Rudoy brought the heat (check out Jacques’ stellar set here); this week promises more sonic excellence courtesy of Beats in Space’s Tim Sweeney. (Did we mention there is also an open bar?) Get more details and come on out for this one!
- A tragic nightclub fire in Romania (ignited by pyrotechnics) claimed more than 30 lives and hospitalized over 130.
- BEMF is totally owning this weekend: The sprawling, multi-day electronic festival will take over bunches of venues in Brooklyn over the next few days. Check out our top picks below for fest highlights, or see the BEMF site for the complete schedule.
- Our resident Facets has a full calendar these days: In addition to returning to Le Bain next Sunday (11/8) with Eli & Fur, he’ll be playing BEMF x Fixed in the Bad Room at Good Room next Friday (11/6) with Berlin’s Moscoman (George FitzGerald and JDH & Dave P will hold things down in the main room) and Bossa Nova Civic Club on Tuesday (11/3) with Tunnel Signs. Hope to see you on the dancefloor!
- We’re still in shock (and feeling super bummed) about Cameo’s closing in late November. Get more insight about the end of an era in this in-depth Bedford + Bowery interview with the venue’s owner/scene champion Jify Shah. (And don’t miss your last chance to catch Cameo favorites Midnight Magic on stage — with DJ sets by Tippy Toes and Mike Simonetti — tonight!)
- In case you missed it, our October Top 20 features some essential listening from the likes of Tunnel Signs, Jacques Renault, Morgan Geist, Jori Hulkkonen, Aphex Twin, Bicep, and lots more. Check it out here.
- After almost a decade, legend Andrew Weatherall will be making a return to NYC on February 20, playing an all-night set at ReSolute. As far off as it seems, we advise you grab tickets now!
- Winter festival favorite BPM has announced its first-round lineup. The event will be held January 8-17, 2016, in its home base of Playa del Carmen, MX.
- A bit closer to home (and coming up fast on your calendar), BEMF returns to Williamsburg November 5-8 for another long weekend of raging. We’re giving away pairs of tickets to five awesome BEMF shows via our our Twitter account, so head over there for your chance to win.
Check out what we’re listening to this month: 1. Tunnel Signs – Cracks (Emile Strunz remix) (Have a Killer Time) 2. Jori Hulkkonnen – Songs of the Eastern World (Heretic remix) (My Favorite Robot) 3. Jacques Renault – Touch You (feat. The Emperor Machine) (Let’s Play House) 4. Aphex Twin – IWantToBeWithYou […]
It finally feels like autumn, which means Halloween is fast approaching. (You’ve figured out your costume, right?) While next week’s dancefloor festivities are going to blow your mind (and probably deplete all your energy resources), this weekend is no slouch. Before we get to your best bets for dancing in NYC over the next few […]
The week flew by, but was perhaps a slow one for news, so we’re going to skip right to the important stuff. Below are our top picks for where to dance in NYC over the next three days (as always, the most essential events are marked by **); you can also check out our calendar for the […]
We’re keeping it short and sweet this week, but with this being a holiday weekend (technically speaking — if you’re like us, you’ll be back on the commute Monday morning as usual), we wanted to point out a couple of quick highlights: As of press time, you’ve still got time to snag tickets for tonight’s […]
Two days into October and we’re faced with a potential hurricane, the need to wear a dozen layers outside, and a severe dearth of sunlight… Dance away the “summer’s gone” blues at your nearest NYC venue, but first, check out this week’s key dancefloor news: Hot on the heels of his gig last week at […]