Another monster NYC weekend looms ahead (and we’re not talking about the “weather event” threatening to “pound” us with a couple of inches of snow… don’t worry, it’s not going to ruin your Friday-Saturday-Sunday plans). Before we get into all of your top options for the next few days, a few items:
- As we mentioned last week, Bossa Nova is currently (and temporarily) closed for renovations to expand its capacity. Read about the details and watch this space for when operations resume. (Le Bain is also back this weekend after its extended winter break. Sadly, no ETA on TBA yet…)
- Whether you were there raging alongside us at Minimal Wave x The Long Count’s Cititrax Showcase a few weeks ago or were kicking yourself the next day for missing out on what will surely go down as one of THE parties of 2015, we’ve got a pro tip for you: tomorrow’s Capriccio “Fleurs du Mal” warehouse extravaganza (featuring Traxx, Carlos Souffront, Patrick Russell, 51717, and Alex From Queens) promises more of that stellar-vibes-and-superb-sounds-all-night-long quality. Advance tickets are almost sold out, so we highly recommend you grab yours now! (If tickets are gone by the time you read this, definitely RSVP for location and show up early!)
- Also tomorrow night, of course, is our first party at our favorite new place to dance, Good Room! (Capriccio is going LATE, so you can definitely hit both parties — we certainly plan to!) We’ll be taking over the Bad Room with Throne of Blood Records to bring you some excellent dancefloor times made possible by special guest/super DJ-producer Man Power (in town all the way from Europe), Throne of Blood head honcho/tastemaker James Friedman, and our excellent resident DJ Facets. A ticket also gets you into the other room, where DJ Qu and A.Arias grace the decks, and none other than Nomi Ruiz (Jessica 6/Hercules and Love Affair) will be hosting. Get your advance tickets here and we’ll see you out there!
- Speaking of glitterballnyc.com events, we’d like to share (finally!) the late night photos from our NYE jam at The Graham, courtesy of Razberry Photography: Check ‘em out and tag yourself!
- Lastly, nearly a week has passed, but how killer was last Saturday? Between Jeff Mill’s extended and exceptional set for The Bunker at Output and the surprise Nico Jaar/Jacques Greene early morning set at Cameo, it was one of those special Brooklyn nights that stay engraved in your memory. More of the same, please!
Without further ado, our top dancefloor picks for the next three days are outlined below (as always, the most essential events are marked by **); you can also check out our calendar for the full list of what’s going on. Catch you on the dancefloor…