It’s finally May!! Here are some reasons to get excited:
- Our resident Facets is back at The Graham tomorrow night for Isle of Palms with Drew Heffron, Daniel Gutierrez, and a special guest in town all the way from the U.K… Although we can’t name names, trust us, you’re gonna want to be there! As always, the party is free all night (10p-4a), drinks are cheap, and the stellar vibes will be flowing!
- Red Bull Music Academy NY Festival kicks off today with a month brimming over with electronic music events. (Looking for some suggestions? Time Out broke down its top 10 RBMA recommendations.)
- Memorial Day weekend is a mere three weeks away! (Can that really be possible?) If you aren’t already booked for Detroit’s Movement 2015 Festival, listen up: Much closer to home (i.e., Bethel Woods, NY), Mysteryland 2015 will offer a full festival experience with a lineup that shares much in common with Movement (Richie Hawtin, Kink, Matthew Dear, and Maya Jane Coles are a few). Get more details here, and keep an eye on our Twitter account to find out how you can win two weekend passes to Mysteryland!
- Electric Zoo will be back this Labor Day weekend, apparently “Transformed” (this year’s tagline)… While most details are still under wraps, the festival unveiled a few of this year’s headliners today, confirming that Above & Beyond, Alesso, and The Chemical Brothers (!!!) will be playing. (That last one is pretty much all we needed to click “Attending.”) More details as they come in…
- ICYMI, have a listen to what we thought were the top 20 releases in April (including gems from Bottin & Rodion, Shit Robot, Abstraxion & Kasper Bjorke, Chupacabras, Lindstrom, ZGRT, Sunrise HWY, and more).