We made it! Memorial Day weekend is FINALLY here, and you’ve got your pick of ways to celebrate. As we mentioned last week, we’ll be in Detroit for Movement, but close-to-home options are abundant this weekend, whether you choose the festival route (like Mysteryland) or staying in the City.
Before we get into this weekend’s top NYC dancefloor destinations, a few quick news bytes:
- By now, you’ve surely heard the cheering on the streets, but in case you missed it… TBA Brooklyn is back! In addition to providing a much-missed, intimate haven for dance music heads, TBA’s victory only further helps to strengthen the health of our music community. Congrats, TBA! In celebration of their reopening, all of the venue’s events this week have no cover (check below or our calendar for details).
- Heading to Detroit for Movement? Check out our guide to the must-see festival sets and pre-/afterparties, and check back next week for our post-festival wrap-up!
- Staying in NYC for the weekend? We’ve already given away a pair of passes, but you can still get in on the action at Mysteryland USA. Read our top 5 reasons not to miss Mysteryland this year.
- Remember when we told you about “the mysterious (Funktion-One-fitted?) Safari Room” (17 Ingraham Street in Bushwick)? We haven’t had the pleasure of checking it out yet, but have seen a bunch of events starting up there. Recommended night to try it out: Soul 2 Seoul/Basement Floor’s Turtle Bugg all night long on May 28. We’re also pretty stoked for the opening of Black Flamingo (168 Borinquen Place in Williamsburg). Very little public info out there at the moment, but the invite for Razor-N-Tape’s new monthly kicking off on June 6 says “the venue boasts intimate basement vibes with a vintage analog system to boot.” More news as we get it…
- Stay tuned for announcements on a bunch of events we’re cooking up for June. (Although we are not yet at liberty to discuss the details, suffice it to say we are VERY excited about some of the lineups!) In the meantime, the following is confirmed: Our resident Facets will be on the decks for Bushwick A/V’s Rooftop Afters on May 30!
- ICYMI, our top 20 tracks for May include new ones by Soulwax, Ghost Cop, Bird of Paradise, Vinny Villbass, Lauer, Lokier, Waze & Odyssey, Gabe Gurnsey, and lots more! Give a listen here.