Obviously the big focus of this weekend is going to be Halloween, but there’s still plenty to do if you prefer to go out sans costume. (And don’t forget to set your clocks back an hour early Sunday morning! Apologies in advance for any Saturday-into-Sunday times that might be slightly off on our calendar — we’re at the mercy of the code behind our WordPress plugin. Click through the “more info” links to confirm before you set any schedule in stone.) Before we get to our top recommendations for the scariest (in the best way possible) places to dance this weekend, we’ve got a few news highlights for you:
- Our resident Facets has a full calendar these days: In addition to returning to Le Bain next Sunday (11/8) with Eli & Fur, he’ll be playing BEMF x Fixed in the Bad Room at Good Room next Friday (11/6) with Berlin’s Moscoman (George FitzGerald and JDH & Dave P will hold things down in the main room) and Bossa Nova Civic Club on Tuesday (11/3) with Tunnel Signs. Hope to see you on the dancefloor!
- We’re still in shock (and feeling super bummed) about Cameo’s closing in late November. Get more insight about the end of an era in this in-depth Bedford + Bowery interview with the venue’s owner/scene champion Jify Shah. (And don’t miss your last chance to catch Cameo favorites Midnight Magic on stage — with DJ sets by Tippy Toes and Mike Simonetti — tonight!)
- In case you missed it, our October Top 20 features some essential listening from the likes of Tunnel Signs, Jacques Renault, Morgan Geist, Jori Hulkkonen, Aphex Twin, Bicep, and lots more. Check it out here.
- After almost a decade, legend Andrew Weatherall will be making a return to NYC on February 20, playing an all-night set at ReSolute. As far off as it seems, we advise you grab tickets now!
- Winter festival favorite BPM has announced its first-round lineup. The event will be held January 8-17, 2016, in its home base of Playa del Carmen, MX.
- A bit closer to home (and coming up fast on your calendar), BEMF returns to Williamsburg November 5-8 for another long weekend of raging. We’re giving away pairs of tickets to five awesome BEMF shows via our our Twitter account, so head over there for your chance to win.
Below are our top picks for where to dance in NYC over the next three days (as always, the most essential events are marked by **); you can also check out our calendar for the full list of what’s going on. See you on the dancefloor…
Friday, October 30
⇒ C//TY CLUB: Devil’s Night with Esteban Adme, ZGRT (live), Gavin Russom & Lauren Flax at Trans-Pecos**
⇒ Mysteries of the Deep: Jonas Reinhardt, Certain Creatures, Birds of Prey & more at a secret location
Saturday, October 31
⇒ UNTER: Bomb Threat with Octo Octa, DUST (live), Volvox, Ryan Smith & Modest Glesman at a secret location**
⇒ Bushwick A/V x SOUP Halloween Loft Afters with Junior Sanchez, Cry Baby, Love & Logic, and more at a secret location
Sunday, November 1
More at the full calendar here.
Are we missing your favorite party? Hit us up here: firstname.lastname@example.org