We’re still a week away from July 4th, yet the summer festivities are already in full swing. Below, we list out our top weekend dancefloor recommendations from the plethora of events on our bursting calendar (be sure to check that too for the full range of great options). Before we get into all that, we present you with the following news:
- We’re incredibly excited to be part of this stellar night on 7/18: Fixed presents Blondes and Teengirl Fantasy (both live) with residents JDH and Dave P at Good Room, plus Nein Records’ Heretic and Tronik Youth joined by our resident Facets in the Bad Room. Mark your calendar and jump on the early $10 tix now! (We’ve also got some other awesome things in the works, like a night in The Safari Room at El Cortez on July 30 with Dan Selzer and Facets… more to come!)
- Today marked a big victory for same-sex marriage… just in time for NYC’s Pride celebrations! We’ve got a bunch of ways to get festive below, including The Bunker x Wrecked’s massive throwdown at Output tomorrow (the stellar lineup includes The Black Madonna, Honey Soundsystem, Mike Servito, Leisure Muffin, Carlos Souffront, and lots more), Paradisco x Été d’Amour with Derrick Carter and Occupy the Disco at Le Bain on Sunday, and Paradise with Ryan Smith, Michael Magnan, JD Samson, and more at Bushwig Sunday. Happy Pride, everyone!
- NYC’s dancefloor landscape is expanding at lighting speed… In addition to all the other new venues we’ve been mentioning to you, we’ve got two more to add to the mix: The Brooklyn Mirage (from the Cityfox folks) is a brand-new, indoor/outdoor spot in East Williamsburg (location specifics by RSVP only!) that will open its doors on 7/4 for the big Cityfox Independence Day party. (Other announced events include an event on 7/25 headlined by Dixon and Ame, plus this year’s Full Moon Fest.) The place is described as “an oasis of sound and comfort the likes of which NYC has never seen” that includes “expansive KV2 Audio,” “platforms and levels for viewing Brooklyn and the city,” and lots more details that sound pretty damn compelling. A new weekly from Nicky Digital is coming to South Side Williamsburg starting tomorrow: WAVES will feature three “waves” of music every Saturday from Dither Down’s Chicus and Wagner (1pm-5pm), Lucas Walter and Omri S. Quire (5pm-10pm), and Blu Jemz (10pm-4am) at another new indoor/outdoor establishment, Freehold. RSVP for free entry here.
- MoMA PS1 kicks off its 2015 Warm Up season tomorrow with a heavy-hitting lineup that includes Pachanga Boys and The Black Madonna. The summer at PS1 promises lots more Saturday afternoon programming excellence; check out their full list of events here (we’ll have these all up on the calendar soon!).
- ICYMI, our Top 20 tracks for June include some killer releases from NYC artists (including Kim Ann Foxman, Jacques Renault, Cry Baby, Sunrise HWY, Chupacabras, and Eli Escobar), NYC remixers (like a/jus/ted and Eric Duncan), and NYC labels (Have a Killer Time and Beats in Space, to name a few), as well as lots of other favorites from abroad. Give them a listen and do your ears a favor!
- Follow us on Twitter for a chance to win free tickets every week. Coming up, we’ll have pairs to give away for next week’s INPUT Thursday at Output with Larry Tee, Chloe, and Lauren Flax, plus day parties at The Roof at Output (Dark Disco on Friday and Dubtribe Soundsystem/Garth/Paul Raffaele on Saturday). If you act fast, you can still get in on the action for Museum of Love’s “The Remixes” release party with Cooper Saver, Daniel T., Andi, Juju Christian, and Zachery Allan Starkey at Good Room and the aforementioned Bunker x Wrecked party at Output (both tomorrow — Saturday — night)!