Well, there’s definitely no shortage on dancing options this weekend. Read on for our top recommendations; first, check out a few quick updates:
- Happy 1st Birthday, Black Flamingo! The subterranean dance club/cocktail bar/veggie taqueria is celebrating with a stacked Thursday-Saturday lineup that includes sets by Tony Humphries (tonight) and Scott Grooves, Fatik, and Reel Good’s JKriv + Aaron Dae (tomorrow) — roll through with your best wishes (but remember to show up before 12 if you prefer not to pay a cover).
- The second edition of bimonthly Gatehouse Fridays is happening right now! Come check out the Kings County Distillery in its newly revamped Brooklyn Navy Yard space, dance to music by Raphael Ernesto and Jose or Franco?, and enjoy the drinks and castle-esque setting. (Prefer to happy hour in Manhattan? Select Summer Fridays with resident Project Matt and special guests is always a good option.)
- We’re super happy to have one of our favorite DJs/producers in the world, Rodion, back in NYC after way too long. The Rome-born, Berlin-based music maestro will be playing Saturday as half of Alien Alien, his side project with Hugo Sanchez, headlining the NYC Porn Film Festival Afterparty at 315 Ten Eyck. (The lineup also includes Wrecked’s Ryan Smith, Katie Rex, a special 100% Silk secret guest, and Ron Jeremy on host duties.) On Sunday, he’ll play Le Bain’s Ete d’Amour party alongside Cristiano, Antipop, and Higgins.
- NYC nightlife mainstay Santos Party House abruptly closed last week following controversy over its hosting of a neo-nazi oi festival (which may or may not be related to the closing). Williamsburg’s Black Bear Bar, which hosted the first day of the same festival, had cancelled the second day due to a public outcry, claiming it was not aware of the festival’s ties to hate groups.
- In other closing news, Brooklyn Mirage’s summer ’16 season has been prematurely halted by the FDNY. (Watch this space for updates; as of now, no additional word has been issued by the venue.)
Below are our top picks for where to dance in NYC over the next three days (as always, the most essential events are marked by **); you can also check out our calendar for the full list of what’s going on. See you on the dancefloor…
Friday, June 3
⇒ The Bunker with Moritz von Oswald, Hugo Ball, Patrick Russell, Derek Plaslaiko & more at Good Room**
⇒ Governors Ball After Dark: Duke Dumont, Paul Raffaele & Blacky II at Output with Reunion NYC 06 in The Panther Room
⇒ Bushwick A/V Rooftop Afters with Pablo Sanchez, Sid Vaga, Beki Powell, Simon Heyliger & more at a secret location
Saturday, June 4
⇒ What’s in the Box? with Luke Hess, Marshall Applewhite, The Friend b2b Shady P & Maroje at Good Room and Adventures in Flight with Douglas Sherman in the Bad Room**
⇒ NYC Porn Film Festival After Party with Alien Alien (Rodion & Hugo Sanchez), Katie Rex, Ryan Smith & special guest (100% Silk) at 315 Ten Eyck**
⇒ Offline Projects: Nonotak, Lee Bannon b2b Dedekind Cut, Volvox, Sporting Life, Aquarian & Cry Baby at a secret location**
⇒ Bushwick A/V Loft Afters Movement Afterparty: Detroit Takeover with surprise guests at a secret location
Sunday, June 5
More at the full calendar here.
Are we missing your favorite party? Hit us up here: firstname.lastname@example.org