We’ve got plenty of recommendations for the best NYC dancefloors on which to keep warm and toasty this weekend, but first we’ve got a few updates for you.
As part of our new initiative to bring you more music in 2017, we’re excited to share an exclusive mix from House of Yes resident DJ Bruce, one of the city’s hardest working selectors — who also happens to be a stellar producer, seasoned promoter/booker, and all-around awesome dude. The Philly native (who also makes up one-third of the DJ Palace collective) showcases his eclectic, diverse tastes while demonstrating his expert techniques in this upbeat, dancefloor-ready mix. (Catch him next Friday, 3/17, at House of Yes!)
A few more news items:
- Shea Stadium has closed its doors (but maybe not for good).
- Our resident Facets will play Happyfun Hideaway next Friday (3/17) with MSCLN.
- Red Bull Music Academy will return to NYC this May.
- Mister Sunday/Saturday Night’s Eamon Harkin and Justin Carter are raising funds to build a permanent indoor home at Nowadays.
- And last but not least, don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead Saturday night! (Apologies if some the times of the Saturday events are off on our calendar due to Daylight Saving glitches.)
Check out our top weekend dancefloor recommendations below (as always, the most essential events are marked by **); you can also visit our calendar for the full list of what’s happening. See you under the discoball…