We’ve been low on news updates for awhile, so we’re hoping to make up for it this week. Read on for the latest, then continue on down for all of this weekend’s top dancefloor recommendations.
- Samo Records, the new label started by our resident Facets, has just dropped its first record, “Chimeras in the Matrix” by Pixelife! Featuring remixes by Tronik Youth and Antoni Maiovvi, the 12″ is now available at the following outlets (and will be available digitally April 12):
- Speaking of our resident Facets, you can catch him at two of our just-announced parties in April: 4/14 with Antoni Maiovvi, Sharif Laffrey, and Andi (location TBA) and 4/29 at Jupiter Disco with Sasa from In Flagranti and MSCLN. He’ll also join Remedy’s excellent lineup on 4/22 at Cape House with Daniele Cosmo, Alex From Queens, and Maroje T. Don’t sleep on tickets!
- The local dance music community met last night to discuss ways to work together to repeal NYC’s cabaret laws. Help support by signing the petition here.
- Dynamic Alpine Sexual (or “DAS”) is an ambitious new limited-run production from Jordan Sarah and the Rinsed team that debuts to the public tonight and runs through Sunday, with several performances scheduled each day. Taking place in a hexagonal theater, DAS is a skiing-themed one-man performance interpersed with intense multimedia on several screens and set to a throbbing electronic (original) soundtrack. Mysterious, darkly comedic, exhilarating, and intimate (only 25 tickets sold per show), DAS is like nothing you’ve experienced before. A handful of tickets remain, so jump on it!
- ICYMI when we premiered it a few weeks back, get your weekend started right by listening to this awesome podcast from House of Yes resident DJ Bruce:
Check out our top weekend dancefloor recommendations below (as always, the most essential events are marked by **); you can also visit our calendar for the full list of what’s happening. See you under the discoball…