Things we’re thankful for: So many excellent places to dance in NYC, pretty much any night of the week; also, so much homegrown talent playing those venues. Pre-Thanksgiving weekend is going to be a full-on rager, so prepare yourself accordingly. Before we get into our weekend recommendations, here are a few things we’d like to point your attention to:
- Well, roughly three weeks after its Halloween weekend “rebirth” in Brooklyn, Sankeys NYC has shuttered for good, reportedly due to mismanagement on the franchisee’s behalf.
- On the flip side, you know what they say: When one club closes, another one opens its doors. (OK, we sort of tweaked that adage, but you get the idea.) Good Room, Brooklyn’s brightest new hope, has now “officially” opened, and its momentum shows no signs of slowing down. Big ones at the Greenpoint club this weekend include Wrecked with Polari (Stockholm) on Saturday and French Kiss presents Eric “Dr. Dunks” Duncan and Justin Van Der Volgen tonight (which also features a bonus one-hour open bar from 10pm-11pm, so get there early!). Two perfect excuses for checking out your new favorite spot.
- Another huge one we’re stoked for tonight is Fixed’s massive 10-year anniversary party at Output. Joining Fixed residents JDH and Dave P is a heavy-hitting lineup that includes Jon Hopkins, Joakim, Marcus Worgull, Alex From Tokyo, and Paul Raffaele. Come help celebrate 10 years of one of NYC’s longest running parties (also our favorite)! (P.S., if you don’t have the stamina to hit up both Good Room and Fixed tonight, remember that you can get the best of both on December 6, when Fixed comes to Good Room with Hot Chip!)
- We’ve finally joined the Instagramverse! Follow us for event news, images from the dancefloor front lines, and, of course, lots of nice glitterball pics.
- As you may have heard, we recently launched a weekly newsletter. Sign up now to stay updated on events, giveaways, features, and more!
- And last but not least, we’ll be back at The Graham next Saturday (11/29) with some of NYC’s finest: Faso (Discovery/Sublimate), [Ctrl] (Soul 2 Seoul/Basement Floor), and our resident Facets. As usual, a plethora of good vibes with no cover — mark your calendar now!
Our top dancefloor picks for the next three days are outlined below (as always, the most essential events are marked by **); you can also check out our calendar for the full list of what’s going on. See you on the dancefloor…