Snap out of that food coma/hangover: If you’re in town this weekend, there’s lots of dancing to be done. Before we get into it, check out this week’s news highlights:
- We’re sad to see another popular venue closing its doors: Body Actualized Center announced this week that its final dance party will be held tomorrow. On the bright side, the people behind it will be taking a page from the Dope Jams playbook and plan to reopen another space in Upstate New York.
- Just about a week after the news that Sankeys’ Brooklyn space was abruptly closing (mere weeks after opening its doors), we now hear that the same management will be REOPENING the space this weekend under the (oh so ironic) name OPEN. The first official party in the space will be the Time Warp afters on Sunday morning.
- Time Warp is FINALLY here! With the new venue in place and solid lineups locked down, should be an excellent weekend for festivalgoers. Organizers have also announced afterparties at Space Ibiza NY and, as mentioned above, OPEN.
- Although no official message has gone out, TBA Brooklyn is out of commission for a few days — if you’re planning to hit up one of this weekend’s parties that was scheduled to take place there, check to see if your event has been moved or rescheduled. Fingers crossed they’ll be resuming business as usual by early next week.
- And last but not least, we’d love for you to come party with us tomorrow night at The Graham (151 Meserole St. by the Montrose L)! In addition to our resident Facets, we’re stoked to have Discovery/Sublimate’s Faso and Basement Floor/Soul 2 Seoul’s [Ctrl] on the decks for this one. As usual, no cover, great sound, proper dancefloor, and festive vibes all night… Hope to see you there!
Our top dancefloor picks for the next three days are outlined below (as always, the most essential events are marked by **); you can also check out our calendar for the full list of what’s going on. See you on the dancefloor…