We’ve survived the Halloween party marathon… and now it’s time for a lot more craziness this weekend. Check out the following updates, then keep reading for our top dancefloor recommendations.
- The Ray-Ban x Boiler Room Weekender, “a 2-day music gateway unlike anything that’s come before,” starts today in the Poconos’ Split Rock Resort. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter for on-site reports and updates, and if you’re not coming along for the wild ride, be sure to tune in to check out the live broadcast.
- Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival kicks off today with a jam-packed weekend of first-class events. For the first time, the fest will span TWO weekends in venues all over the borough. Grab some tix here.
- Brand-new Schimanski opened Halloween night at 54 North 11th Street in Williamsburg (the former Verboten); festivities will continue this opening weekend with Edu Imberon, Eli + Fur, and Jon Charnis Friday and Let’s Play House with Tiger + Woods, Morgan Geist, and Jacques Renault on Saturday. (We checked it out and, though the actually look and sound of the club is very reminiscent of Verboten — save for a pretty awesome new discoball shark above the bar — the vibe from staff and clubgoers alike seemed more relaxed, friendly, and upbeat.( Welcome to the neighborhood! (And no, we also aren’t sure about the “official” pronunciation, but will keep you posted if we find out…)
- ICYMI, our top 40 tracks of September/October include some outstanding new stuff from the likes of Red Axes, Joakim, Timothy J Fairplay, Andrew Weatherall, Simian Mobile Disco, Midnight Magic, Tronik Youth, and Man Power, to name a few. Do yourself a favor and have a listen.
- Last but not least, DON’T FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS SATURDAY! Yes, some of the times for the Saturday events on our calendar may be off by an hour or so (sorry, we’re at the mercy of our calendar plug-in’s quirks). Remember: This is the GOOD kind of time change when we get an extra hour of dancing!
Check out our top weekend recommendations for dancing below (as always, the most essential events are marked by **); you can also visit our calendar for the full list of what’s going on. See you on the dancefloor (or, if you’re attending the RBxBR Weekender, maybe in the bowling alley)…