Fall’s in full swing, which means that you’ll be making some tough dancefloor decisions over the coming weeks. (We’re always here to help you out with that, of course.) Before we get down to the nitty-gritty about what’s going down in the very near future, a few morsels we’d like to draw your attention to:
- There’s another massive Verboten StageONE party this Saturday, this time with live sets by Metro Area and David August and DJ sets courtesy of Solomun and Walker & Royce. While the location (which has moved from the previously announced CineMagic Studios) is still TBD, one thing is for certain: This is going to be a full-on raging dance party to remember. (Oh, and if you’re quick, we’ve got a pair of tickets to give away on Twitter…)
- The NYC dancefloor landscape is evolving at a rapid pace: This week marked the first round of announcements for Sankey’s NYC opening weekend. We’re also hearing that our area’s branch of Space will be opening this fall (the type of events still TBD), and, of course, we’re eagerly awaiting news about the new Verboten club set to open in Williamsburg. We think competition is healthy, and look forward to more options (and hopefully more moderately priced goings out) in the near future for New Yorkers.
- In case you haven’t noticed, we’re longtime fans of Fixed, who just celebrated their 9th anniversary with an intensely excellent series of events. If you missed them, catch JDH and Dave P at Le Bain all night this Friday (free, though early admission is highly recommended), and download their brand-new stellar anniversary mix right here.
- CMJ, Halloween, and BEMF are rapidly approaching — stay glued to the glitterballnyc calendar for happenings as fast as we can post ’em…
- And finally, because music rules our world but is not the be-all-and-end-all of life, we’d like to draw your attention to the Internet Cat Video Film Festival happening at Greenpoint’s Warsaw on October 25… Start your night off right with a Lil’ Bub encounter (she’s really going to be there) before you head off into the zone of grooves and/or debauchery.
Get the low-down on the best NYC dancefloors to hit up this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday below (as always, the events that get our most glowing recommendations are marked by **) — you can also check out our calendar for the full list of what’s goin’ on. (And if you’re still craving the latest news, come check us out on Twitter: @glitterballnyc.) See you on the dancefloor!