- As we teased last week, we’re excited to announce a few new events coming up: Next Sunday (October 4), our resident Facets will be holding down the Été d’Amour sunset session at Le Bain (hands-down our favorite Manhattan venue); sets from the always-amazing In Flagranti, Nickodemus, and Wiseacre will follow. (While there’s no cover, we recommend arriving early.) Tomorrow, Facets will also join and Italo-heavy lineup in celebration of Slow Motion Records’ 10th Anniversary at Max Cellar: The Down presents _NOTHING_ event will feature sets by Telespazio, The Real Cristiano?, Steve Amoroso, and more (and includes an Italian producer/DJ we have been huge fans of for years). Hope to see you on both dancefloors!
- ICYMI, our September Top 20 features excellent new tracks by Jacques Renault and Mark Verbos, Higgins, New Order, Pink Skull, Tunnel Signs, Gavin Russom, and more — have a listen.
- Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival (or “BEMF” for short) returns to Williamsburg November 5-8. The first-round lineup includes Daniel Avery, Masters at Work, Floating Points, Soul Clap, MK, Mike Simonetti, and lots more. Grab your tickets now!
- Maestros of immersive cinema experiences, BBQ Films are bringing BLADE to life on October 9 with a full-on vampire rager at Terminal 5. In addition to the movie screening, BLADE RAVE will feature musical performances by The Crystal Method (remember them, ’90s electronica heads?), Pictureplane, a place both wonderful and strange, and DJ Choyce Hacks, visuals by Sean Dack (a.k.a. Pixelife and half of Ghost Cop), and special secret guest appearances, as well as, yes, an “epic blood rave.” (Don’t believe the last part? Check out video from last week’s “blood test”…)
Use code IMMERSIVECINEMA to purchase special $45 tickets here (select “Comic-Con Discount” under Ticket Type and enter code).
- We feel pretty devastated for you if you missed Severed Heads live at Rough Trade last night. The Aussie electronic legends exceeded all expectations at the sold-out show, marrying killer visuals to their stellar audio. Fingers crossed the warm reception they received will inspire them to make a return visit soon! (Watch this space for any news…)
- This summer’s spot for massive dance music extravaganzas, The Brooklyn Mirage is getting out while the going’s good and closing its doors this weekend. Cityfox will mark the occasion tomorrow with another behemoth outdoor rager featuring Adriatique, Frank & Tony, Alexi Delano, and more.
- Detroit’s Movement festival is partnering with Verboten’s StageONE for Movement Getaway. The first destination festival hits San Juan, Puerto Rico November 18-20 with a lineup that includes The Martinez Brothers, Apollonia, Stacey Pullen, Guti, and more to be announced.
- Not satisfied with its three indoor “clubs within a club” and rooftop space, Output is joining the warehouse game: On October 10, the club will bring Funktion-One sound to a raw TBA space somewhere in Brooklyn; the excellent lineup includes Ben Klock, DVS-1, and A.Arias.
- The Brooklyn Flea Record Fair returns to Smorgasburg tomorrow.
- Summer’s biggest rager, Tiki Disco, will bid the season adieu at The Well this Sunday (though based on the last year or two, we believe you will be periodically seeing some Tikis pop up through the colder months).
We know you know THE POPE is in town… but read on for some other news items that may not have been on your radar this week:
Below are our top picks for where to dance in NYC over the next three days (as always, the most essential events are marked by **); you can also check out our calendar for the full list of what’s going on.
Friday, September 25
⇒ Party Line with Tony Humphries, Brennan Green, BLT & Ben Manzone at a secret Brooklyn loft location**
⇒ Fixed with Dauwd, The Loose Control Band (live), Pedro Vian, Evan Michael, JDH & Dave P at Good Room**
⇒ Let’s Play House presents Max Graef, Glenn Astro, Muff Deep & Alan Blancato on The Roof at Output**
Saturday, September 26
⇒ The Bunker with Paranoid London (live), Derek Plaslaiko, Mike Servito, John Selway & Ulysses at Good Room**
⇒ Down presents _NOTHING_: 10th Anniversary of Slow Motion Records with Telespazio, The Real Cristiano?, Kimyon, Tuxxedo, Facets, Eli & Steve Amoroso at Max Cellar**
⇒ Extrawelt (live), John Acquaviva, Greg Gow & Nikola Baytala at Output with Sublimate: Birdsmakingmachine, Dahlia & Sagotsky in The Panther Room**
⇒ Cityfox presents Adriatique, Frank & Tony, Alexi Delano, Aril Brikha & more at The Brooklyn Mirage**
⇒ Modular Equinox with Mark Verbos, Sean Dack, Matthew Azevedo, Jonas Bers & more at The Silent Barn
Sunday, September 27
More at the full calendar here.
Are we missing your favorite party? Hit us up here: firstname.lastname@example.org