Hope you guys got your rest this week, because you’re not getting any this weekend: Lots more stellar events both big and small are happening all over NYC during the next few days. Before we jump into our top picks, a few things to bring to your attention:
- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, FIXED! One of our very favorite NYC parties is celebrating its ninth year with a slamming succession of killer ragers. Do yourself a favor and help mark the occasion by hitting one or more of the excellent events planned for this week and next. Read more
- MASSIVE ATTACK V ADAM CURTIS: Described as “a new kind of imaginative experience that integrates music, film, politics, and breathtaking moments of illusion in a hallucinatory ride through the dreams and hidden realities of our strange, anxious age,” the U.S. premiere of the collaboration between dance music legends Massive Attack and visionary filmmaker Adam Curtis is certain to be unforgettable. Kicking off tomorrow (Saturday, Sept. 28) at the Park Avenue Armory, the groundbreaking show will be presented at 8 p.m. nightly (with October 1 the exception) through October 4. Hurry and grab your tickets now!
- FALL FORECAST:So much great stuff is being announced daily that we can barely keep up (though we’re trying!) — while you await our calendar updates, get the following on your radar:
- Verboten StageONE with Solomun, Metro Area, David August, and Walker & Royce: October 12
- YYY Launch Party with Ivan Smagghe (Black Strobe), Jokers of the Scene & Lil Internet: October 26
- Maurice Fulton & Lloydski: November 1
- Ed Banger 10-Year Anniversary Party: November 2
- Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival 2013: November 8-10
- And for those of you down to get tropical this winter, book your travel for BPM Festival 2014, which takes place in our former stomping grounds in Playa del Carmen on the Riviera Maya (just south of Cancun) in Mexico from January 3-12. Lineup is still TBD but with the likes of Richie Hawtin, The Martinez Brothers, Cassy, Masters at Work, DJ Harvey, Seth Troxler, Cajmere, etc. on the decks last year, we feel pretty confident about this being one not to be missed.
Which brings us to… all the best events of the next few days have been hand-picked for you below (as always, the events that get our most glowing recommendations are marked by **), but you can also check out our calendar for the full list of what’s goin’ on. (And if you’re still craving the latest news, come check us out on Twitter: @glitterballnyc.) See you on the dancefloor!